Maintaining a Stable INR: Sample Menus Low in Vitamin K
Diet and Anticoagulants
Diet plays a large role in safely taking anticoagulants to prevent blood clots or strokes. Not adhering to the recommended diet can greatly increase the likelihood of a life threatening blood clot or hemorrhage. Vitamin K is the most important nutrient to keep consistent while taking anticoagulants.
Recommended Vitamin K Intake While Taking Blood Thinners
Vitamin K is measured in micrograms, which is abbreviated mcg. It is recommended women consume no more then 90 micrograms (mcg) per day and men consume no more then 120 micrograms (mcg) per day of vitamin K.
Sample 3-Day Menu Low in Vitamin K Created by Our Team Registered Dietitian
Key Points to Maintaining a Stable INR:
1. Become familiar with foods high in vitamin K
2. Keep your high vitamin K foods consistent on a daily basis. For example, no more than 1/4 cup per day of foods high in vitamin k
3. Keep your vitamin K intake less than 90 mcg per day for women and 120 mcg per day for men.
4. Use caution when choosing a supplement as many can interact with anticoagulants. K Free Daily is a complete multivitamin without vitamin k designed for individuals on blood thinners and will not affect INR. Buy Now
|Benefit of K Free Daily
- K Free Daily is designed for people taking anticoagulants AKA “blood thinners”
- K Free Daily is recommended by doctors, pharmacists, and registered dietitians
- K Free Daily will not affect INR or the way your blood clots
- K Free Daily does not contain vitamin K or other nutrients shown to affect INR
- K Free Daily is designed for both men and women
- K Free Daily is the only multivitamin designed by a pharmacist and a registered dietitian exclusively for use by patients taking anticoagulants
- K Free Daily is made with USP grade ingredients and is manufactured in a GMP facility in the United States
- The vitamins and minerals are in an easy to swallow vegetable capsule to increase nutrient absorption
- Most Americans do not eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables daily. A complete multivitamin can help prevent nutrient deficiencies.
Bi-Monthly Subscription Savings!
SAVE 33% on 1st bottle and 25% on auto-renewed bottles when you enroll in the free bi-monthly subscription program. You will automatically receive a new bottle of K Free Daily every other month. Free to enroll and you can opt out anytime.
Single Bottle Savings!
FREE SHIPPING on a single bottle by entering FreeShip2013 at checkout
Like us on Facebook & Follow us on Twitter!